As a teacher I am constantly assessing the learning environment of a classroom, in essence taking the temperature of any give situation. This has now transferred over to my work with teachers. I realized that I often view teachers and the teaching climate through this lens as well. Some things that I see are pretty obvious, I am always curious as to what is happening under the surface of teaching. Below you will find 10 of my most recent observations.
- Teachers Currently: are preparing for AIMS and asking themselves if it all boils down to one week of testing.
- Teachers Wish for: genuine opportunities to learn and develop as professionals.
- Teachers are Wondering: when it became acceptable to diminish the value of teachers in our society.
- Teachers are Feeling: optimistic, they hope for the tides to turn and that their commitment to students makes a difference in their lives.
- Teachers are Thankful for: the opportunity to guide learners in developing as creative and thoughtful individuals.
- Teachers are Planning for: the next day, no matter how prepared a teacher leaves their classroom the previous week, each Monday arrives with a new set of ideas and many changes to previously drafted lesson plans and materials.
- Teachers Need: support both financial and professional!
- Teachers are Avoiding: having the hard conversations about the current status of the teaching profession.
- Teachers are Craving: creativity, autonomy and time to truly reflect on their work.
- Teachers are Missing: their voice as advocates of the profession, they are the only ones that truly know what students need.
Interesting essay samples and examples on: